The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education. An act of parliament has declared them as ‘Institutions of National Importance.’ Conducted by AIIMS, Delhi, this National Level UG medical entrance exam offers candidates admissions in MBBS programs. Getting into AIIMS is a dream-come-true for every aspiring medical student and the gateway to a flourishing career in medicine.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2000, are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 under the 10+2 Scheme or Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent Examination from a recognised university or board of any Indian State.
- Candidates should have English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subject and expect to pass the examination with the required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the AIIMS MBBS 2017 exam. However, their candidature will be valid only when they provide evidence of having passed 10+2 with the required subjects (English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and percentage of marks.
- The minimum aggregate of the marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology obtained in the qualifying examination is 60% (for General and OBC candidates) and 50% (for SC and ST category candidates).
- Scanned image of your recent colour passport size photograph with a white background. The photograph must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (width x height), and the image size must be 50 to 100 KB.
- Scanned image of your signature that’s 3 cm x 6 cm (width x height).
- Scanned image of your left thumb impression that’s 4 cm x 3 cm (width x height).
For registering, follow these steps:
- Open the AIIMS 2017 official website.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ Tab.
- After reading the instructions, click on the ‘Proceed’ tab.
- Now, fill your personal and contact information.
- Note your ‘Candidate ID’ and press ‘OK’.
- Pay the Application Fee.The application fee for AIIMS MBBS 2017 can be paid only via Online Mode i.e. Debit or Credit Card and Internet Banking. You must note that the fees can’t be paid via any of the offline payment modes.
Given below is the AIIMS 2017 exam fee structure:
Candidate’s Category Application Fee General and OBC (Both Creamy and Non-Creamy Layers) Rs. 1000 + Transaction Charges SC and ST Candidates Rs. 800 + Transaction Charges OPH NIL (Exempted)
- Select your choice of exam centre.
- Now, you’ll be asked to fill your Qualification and Address details.
- Upload scanned images in the prescribed format.
- After completing the entire procedure, click on the ‘Save & Proceed’ tab.
- Please take a printout of the AIIMS 2017 Application Form for future reference and click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab.
|AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|AIIMS 2017 Application Form Availability||Tuesday, 24th January, 2017|
|Last Date to Submit the Online Application Form||Thursday, 23rd February, 2017 at 5:00 pm|
|AIIMS 2017 Admit Card Availability||Monday, 1st May, 2017|
|AIIMS 2017 MBBS Entrance Test Date||Sunday, 28th May, 2017|
|AIIMS 2017 Result Announcement||Tuesday, 14th June, 2017 (as expected)|
|AIIMS 2017 Counselling Starts||1st Week of July, 2017|
- The AIIMS 2017 exam will be in the online mode i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- The exam duration will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The exam will consist of 200 Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion-type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
- One mark is awarded for each correct answer, and 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
The Exam Pattern for the AIIMS MBBS 2017 is explained below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
- Have a study plan in your mind. It is also useful to set tangible goals for each day and work on fulfilling them.
- Be thorough with the syllabus and don’t forget the basics in a rush for more complicated things.
- Deep and precise understanding of concepts is needed to crack AIIMS.
- Avoid the common mistakes everyone makes – obsessing over tough questions, silly mistakes, the likes. Just keeping these few basic things in mind can improve your rank by a huge margin.
- Don’t just read stuff; remember it. AIIMS won’t test you solely on your concepts; there’ll be a lot of cramming required as well. Read about how to remember stuff you read here.
- Practise AIIMS sample papers and try to attempt them, timing yourself for 3 hours. Simulating a real exam situation will help you with time management and pressure handling.
- Use the sample papers and past years’ papers you solved to draw up a suitable exam strategy. That said, don’t be too rigid with it, as examiners love to throw up surprises that’ll make your strategy and planning useless!
- Keep revision notes, which will make short work of going through the entire syllabus again. Revision is extremely important. Keep glancing through the syllabus time and again.
- Keep yourself updated with current news. For some exciting tips on general knowledge check!
- General and General OPH – 50%
- OBC and OBC OPH – 45%
- SC, ST, SC OPH and ST OPH – 40%
These are the scores above which a candidate is deemed ‘qualified’.
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- AIIMS, Bhopal
- AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- AIIMS, Patna
- AIIMS, Raipur
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
The Government also gave updates on the establishment of AIIMS Nagpur recently, which will be open for admission in the coming years.