CSR stands for Corporate Social Responsibility. It means a corporate has business responsibility as well as social responsibilities. MEDS is a non-profit organization launched in 2011 which is working towards changing the lives of the underprivileged through education as a child without education is like a bird without wings.
We focus on all critical phases of a child’s educational development: kindergarten, primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary education. We provide educational material, libraries, teacher training and curriculum development facilities depending on the needs of the region and local communities. This holistic program combines mentoring, academic support, life skills training and community engagement. MEDS is recognized as a leader by local governments, schools, and community partners for our Literacy Program in the early grades.
MISSION AND VISION
Educated, skilled and able children are a country’s true strength. We aspire to see children who are purposefully engaged, youth that is constructively employed and a society that provides equal opportunities to people with different abilities.
We also support the society in the field of health, hygiene and our contribution has changed the life of many small children. We invite you to be a part of our CSR activity and bring smiles to the faces of the less fortunate.
Mr. Surendra Gupta
[Retired Engineer from NTPC, Kota, B Tech. (Electrical)]
I am glad to present to you the CSR Annual Report for the year. This is the seventh edition of CSR report since the inception of Motion Educational & Development Society (MEDS). I congratulate everyone for successfully accomplishing the seventh year of CSR working as per the mandated guidelines. In FY 17-18, our focus was to deepen our engagement in the community through the process of sharing MOTION’s excellent teaching facilities and smart technology to the underprivileged children. Partnership with schools and employee volunteering through various community projects have been the highlights for this year.
For MOTION, improving the living conditions of the downtrodden, empowering the economically weaker and emancipating the socially underprivileged sections of society are the very foundation of its success.
Dr. Swati Vijay
[Speech Therapist & Audiologist (Specialist in Child Psychology & Early Childhood Development & Education)]
Motion Educational & Development Society (MEDS) not only has its prime focus on educating the children but also focuses on their physical as well as cognitive development. We pay attention to build the overall personality of the students.
We at MOTION believe in giving back to the society through our student development initiatives and we have aligned our vision, mission and policy with a view to benefiting the society.
Experience & Ongoing Projects
- MOTION Educational & Development Society has been running a CSR project forCFCL, Gadepan since 2016 where we have been facilitating 25 Schools of nearby of Gadepan. More than 8000 students of Classes 6th to 12th were facilitated in the form of material distribution. Science fair and extracurricular activities with the help of more than 70 volunteers have been conducting remedial classes before & after school hours. Cultural activities and fun projects are also done regularly in order to promote overall development in these students.
- A batch of 21 students called ‘star batch’ in the year 2017 for competitive exams has been formed and classroom coaching by MOTION faculties is provided to them at CFCL, Gadepan.
- A Government project in Raipur, Durg & Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh has also been undertaken where 625 meritorious students of 11th & 12th which were selected by Chattisgarh Government are prepared for IIT JEE & NEET.
- Special teachers were recruited by MOTION for this purpose and classroom coaching and all facilities like online test series, video lectures & library is provided to them. No stone is left unturned to ensure their selection in the prestigious competitive exams.
- We have also deployed our digital learning solution in 550+ Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalayas since last three years facilitating more than 3,00,000 students for preparation of competitive exams like IITJEE and NEET/AIIMS.
- These J.N.V residential schools from class 6th-12th also provided baseline tests and impact assessment in order to gauge the progress of the students and a MOTIONs Solution Lab (MSL) has been provided there by which the students can study through video lectures of MOTION faculties at any given time.
- More 80+ students from there have been selected for IIT & NEET till now which shows that the inputs by MOTION have been fruitful and will continue helping the students
- MOTION’s CSR activity is also involved in minimizing the wastage of food. MEDS creates awareness on the importance of food and ways to prevent wastage. Many talks have been given in hostels & mess and message boards have been put up in restaurants to spread the word.
- Since blood cannot be manufactured , MEDS has taken the responsibility to educate people on ’Raktdaan Mahadaan’ the importance of donating blood and has organized many blood donation camps with Rotary Club for this noble cause
- Since the key to greener planet is our hands, many tree plantation drives have been done across the state. 2194 plantations were done as the same was the number of the selections from MOTION in the year 2017. Additionally 200+ more plants were planted in the city along with tree guards, the responsibility of maintenance also has been taken by MOTION.
- MOTION believes that “Green Kota is a Clean Kota”.
- Benches have been donated in the year 2016 & 2017 at public places like hospitals, temples, bus-stand parks and at railway station in Kota city.
- Motion Educational & Development Society & Vidyashram Public School, Kota donated 1000 books of course curriculum to all classes students and the library of Rajkiya Balika Madhyamik Vidhyalaya, Udhyog Nagar, Kota, the books were donated with the purpose that student studying in the school can get the maximum benefit of the books in their studies.