All India Institute of Medical Sciences was established by an Act of Parliament of 1956 as an autonomous institution of national importance and its objectives and functions were defined. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions. The degrees and diplomas awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and notwithstanding anything contained in the Medical Council Act, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from other universities of India.
- Candidates have attained or will attain the age of 17 years as on the 31st Dec 2018.
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2002, are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 under the 10+2 Scheme or Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent Examination from a recognised university or board of any Indian State.
- Candidates should have English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subject and expect to pass the examination with the required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam. However, their candidature will be considered only when they provide evidence of having passed 10+2 with the required subjects (English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and percentage of marks.
- Those who secure aggregate of 60% marks (50% for SC / ST, 45% for OPH ) in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th Class examination (in 10+2 scheme) and fulfill other eligibility criteria.
AIIMS 2019 application form filling procedure will be consisting of these steps:
- Go to the official website aiimsexams.org
- Click on ‘Academic Courses’ and select your course (MBBS).
- For new Registration, Click on ‘Click Here’ button.
- Read the information given therein and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Read all steps given for filling application form and start your registration process.
- Enter Personal details, Contact details, ID Proof number.
- Read the declaration of eligibility and tick on the given box and then click on ‘Register’ button
- A Candidate ID & Password for future logins will be generated on your screen.
- Use your login details such as generated ID and password.
- Read all information that is mentioned by you is correct or not.
- Now, click on the ‘Edit’ or ‘Proceed to Step 2’ button as per your convenience.
Step-2: Make Payment
|Sr. No.||Candidate’s Category||Exam Fee|
|1||General and OBC||Update Very Soon|
|2||SC and ST||Update Very Soon|
|3||PWBD||Update Very Soon|
- Now, pay the application fee through online mode.
- Click on the ‘Online Payment’ link.
- Select payment mode and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Candidates can select any one of them, i.e. Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- Click on ‘Print’ button before proceeding to payment to take the printout of the application slip.
Step-3: Exam City Choice
- Select the state first and then city as exam centre.
- Once the exam centre will be selected it cannot be altered.
- Click on ‘Proceed to Step 4’.
Step-4: Qualification and Address Details
- In step-4, candidates have to fill the qualifying exam, qualifying exam status, exam passed, scoring marks, address details, etc.
- Click on ‘Proceed to Step 5’.
Step-5: Upload Scanned Images
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impression.
- Click on ‘Choose File’ button and select the file.
- Upload scanned image of photo (size should be in between 50-100 KB), signature and thumb impression (size limit is 20-100 KB).
- Images should be in JPG, JPEG, GIF & PNG format.
- Click on ‘Accept’ and after uploading of each image you will get the message of uploading of it.
- Tick on Declaration and click on ‘Proceed to Step 6’.
Step-6: Print of Confirmation Page
- Check every detail once again and if you want to edit it, do edit otherwise final submit it.
- After review your application form, click on ‘Print’ button to print your filled-in application form
- You can also take 2-3 printouts of it.
- Must keep the copy of application form till admission procedure.
|AIIMS MBBS 2019 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Basic Registration (PAAR) for MBBS-2019||Start Date : 30th November,2018
Closing Date : 03th January,2019 (5:00 PM)
|Status Update (Accepted & Not Accepted) of Basic Registration||07th January, 2019|
|Corrections of Deficiencies in Basic Registration that are not Accepted||08th January,2019 – 18th January,2019|
|Final status (Accepted & Rejected) of Basic Registration for MBBS-2019||22th January, 2019|
|Uploading of Prospectus||29th January,2019|
|Generation of Code for Final Registration i.e. payment of fees and city choice for MBBS-2019 only for those whose Basic Registration is accepted.||29th January,2019 – 17th February,2019 (05:00 PM)|
|Final Registration (Payment of fees and city choice only for those who have Genrated Code for payment & city choice).||21th February,2019 – 12th March,2019 (05:00 PM)|
|Hosting/uploading the Admit Cards on AIIMS website||15th May,2019|
|Date of Examination||25th May,2019 (Saturday) & 26th May,2019 (Sunday)|
|Examination Timings||1st Shift (Each Day) : 09:00 AM – 12:30 PM
2nd Shift (Each Day) : 03:00 PM – 06:30 PM
|Examination Centers||Different Cities all over India|
- The AIIMS 2019 exam will be in the online mode i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- The exam duration will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The exam will consist of 200 Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion-type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude.
- One mark is awarded for each correct answer, and 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
The Exam Pattern for the AIIMS MBBS 2019 is explained below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
- Have a study plan in your mind. It is also useful to set tangible goals for each day and work on fulfilling them.
- Be thorough with the syllabus and don’t forget the basics in a rush for more complicated things.
- Deep and precise understanding of concepts is needed to crack AIIMS.
- Avoid the common mistakes everyone makes – obsessing over tough questions, silly mistakes, the likes. Just keeping these few basic things in mind can improve your rank by a huge margin.
- Don’t just read stuff; remember it. AIIMS won’t test you solely on your concepts; there’ll be a lot of cramming required as well. Read about how to remember stuff you read here.
- Practise AIIMS sample papers and try to attempt them, timing yourself for 3 hours. Simulating a real exam situation will help you with time management and pressure handling.
- Use the sample papers and past years’ papers you solved to draw up a suitable exam strategy. That said, don’t be too rigid with it, as examiners love to throw up surprises that’ll make your strategy and planning useless!
- Keep revision notes, which will make short work of going through the entire syllabus again. Revision is extremely important. Keep glancing through the syllabus time and again.
- Keep yourself updated with current news. For some exciting tips on general knowledge check!
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- AIIMS, Bathinda
- AIIMS, Bhopal
- AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar
- AIIMS, Deogarh
- AIIMS, Gorakhpur
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- AIIMS, Kalyani
- AIIMS, Mangalagiri
- AIIMS, Nagpur
- AIIMS, Patna
- AIIMS, Raipur
- AIIMS, Rae Bareli
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
- AIIMS, Telangana