About CBSE Exam Class 10th 2023
This year, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct board exams for regular and private students in a single shift. The exam data table will be published in December. The board will conduct the exam in the same pattern as in the pre-pandemic years. Since the exams will be held in the regular format after the break, here are some important things you should know:
CBSE 10th Exam, Admit Card and Result
- CBSE 10th exam 2023 will be conducted in the morning session from 11.30 am to 1.00 pm as per last year.
- CBSE board exam class 10th admit card 2023 will be released in November 2022.
- CBSE-affiliated schools can download the CBSE board exam class 10th admit card 2023 and distribute it to their students.
- The admit card for theory and practical exams is provided to regular students by their respective schools. Private students can download their admit cards for CBSE Class 10 exam 2023 online mode from CBSE’s official website (idioms website) cbse.gov.in.
- CBSE board exam class 10th result 2023 will be announced in May 2023.
CBSE 10th Exam Date 2023
- CBSE 10th exam date 2023 will be released by the board in March 2023.
- CBSE will conduct the 2023 exams from April 2023. Students can check the CBSE 10th exam datasheet 2023 for more details.
- CBSE board will conduct the CBSE 10th exams in a single term.
- The board will also release the CBSE class 10 syllabus 2023. Students should prepare with the latest syllabus to ace the exams. They can download the subject-wise syllabus of CBSE Board 10th exams 2023 as pdf files.
- Students should practice with CBSE class 10th exam previous years question papers to analyze their preparation level.
- The last year 2022, CBSE announced the result for the CBSE board exam class 10th on July 22, 2022, at 2 PM.
- Students who registered for exams can check results by entering their roll number, school number and date of birth.
CBSE Exam Class 10th 2023 Application Process
- Visit the official website of CBSE cbse.gov.in
- Follow the link to register for the CBSE Exam Class 10 2023 on the main website.
- Verify all the information and submit the required documents.
- Submit your application by paying the registration fee through Debit Card, Credit Card, NEFT or Other and retrieving the receipt page.
- Print off your confirmation page and keep a hard copy for future use.
Note: For the CBSE board exam class 10, the board accepts exam applications for regular students through their respective schools. Private students can fill CBSE board exam class 10 application form 2023 on the CBSE official website cbse.nic.in.
Documents required CBSE Board Exam Class 10
- Aadhar number
- Mobile number of applicants and their parents.
- Address Details
- Photo (JPEG format)
CBSE Board Exam Class 10th 2023 Overview:
|Exam Name||CBSE Class 10th Board Exam 2023|
|CBSE Class 10 Board Exam Date Sheet 2023 Released Date||To Be Announced|
|Exam Date||Feb. 15, 2023|
|Mode Of Application||Offline/Online|
|Mode Of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hrs.|
CBSE Class 10 Board Exam Date Sheet 2023:
CBSE exam class 10 date sheet 2023 will be released by the Central Board of Secondary Education on its official website. Students can check the data sheet of their respective subjects. Here we are providing a tentative data sheet from which students can get an idea of when the CBSE board exam class 10th will take (take with a grain of salt idiom synonym) place.
|Name of Event||Tentative Date|
|CBSE Board Exam 2023 Date Class 10 Announcement||3rd Week of December|
|Commencement of Board Exam of CBSE Class 10th||Feb. 15, 2023|
|CBSE Class 10 Board Exam Answer Key||April 2023|
|Final Result Announcement||May 2023|
CBSE Board Exam Class 10th 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Board Exam Class 10 for Regular Students:
- Students must have passed the class 9 examination from a recognized school or affiliated with the CBSE board or any other recognized board.
- In the academic year 2022-2023, the student must be studying in Class 10 in a CBSE-affiliated school.
- As there is no age limit to appear for CBSE 10th Exam 2023, but at the time (race against time phrase meaning) of admission, the student must meet the maximum and minimum age limits as specified by the State/UT Government where the school is located.
- Students must have obtained 75% attendance in class 10 during the academic year 2022-23.
- Students must submit the examination form with the requisite fee before the deadline.
Eligibility Criteria of CBSE Board Exam Class 10 for private students:
The following categories of candidates shall be eligible to appear in the CBSE board exam class 10th:
- students who have failed in the last academic year.
- teachers who are working in educational institutions/schools affiliated with CBSE.
- Physically handicapped students who have difficulty attending classes.
- Female students who satisfy the following conditions:
- must be a resident of the NCT of Delhi.
- must have privately pursued the prescribed course of study.
- unable to join class 10 in a school affiliated with the CBSE board.
CBSE Board Exam Class 10 2023 Syllabus
According to the annual assessment scheme, CBSE has released the syllabus for all class 10 subjects. CBSE has reduced the syllabus by 30% by removing some chapters and topics from the subjects. In the academic year 2023, the curriculum is expected to be divided into two parts: Term 1 and Term 2. Therefore, students are advised to prepare thoroughly for both Terms as per the CBSE board exam class 10 syllabus 2022-23. This will eventually help them to prepare for both the exams and entrance exams. Download the CBSE board exam class 10 syllabus 2023.
CBSE Board Exam 2023 Class 10th Preparation Tips
Now that the new exam schedule has been announced, students should start their CBSE board exam 2023 class 10th preparation early to cover the entire syllabus. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
Know the syllabus: As the syllabus is updated, students should go through the syllabus and identify the topics they need to study. Cover the whole syllabus at least 1 month before the CBSE board exam 2023 class 10th and then start revision to grab the topics.
Make a schedule: It is advisable for students to create a proper schedule for the CBSE board exam class 10 in order to organize and discipline their Class 10 CBSE board preparation. Create a schedule for short and long-term objectives to help you adequately prepare for the CBSE 10th board test. Establish realistic and achievable objectives.
Make notes: Make it a habit to make notes of important topics and points while studying so that it will help you to revise the entire syllabus for the CBSE board exam 2023 class 10th in a short time. While creating notes for the CBSE board exam 2023 class 10th, be sure to highlight crucial passages, headings, and equations.
Get all doubts cleared: It is advisable for students to clear all their doubts before the CBSE Board exam class 10th. If a student has any doubts, then ask the respective subject teacher and get the topic clear before the class 10 CBSE board exam.
Solve previous year question papers: Students are suggested to practice CBSE board exam class 10th previous year question papers. This will help them to analyze their preparation level and make them aware of the important topics of the exam.
Take a proper Rest: Stress, fear and anxiety will hinder the preparation and affect performance in CBSE board exam class 10th. Students should take proper sleep to increase their memory power and concentration. Do light exercise or meditation to keep your mind and body healthy.
Aids to Boost CBSE Class 10th Board Exam Performance
CBSE Board Exam Class 10th 2023 Exam Pattern
The CBSE Board Exam 2023 class 10th paper will be designed according to the latest CBSE Board 10th Exam Pattern 2023. CBSE Class 10 Board Exams 2023 will give 40% weightage to Multiple Choice Questions, 20% weightage to Competency Based Questions and Subjective Questions type will be given a weight of 40%.
Internal assessment marking scheme of CBSE Board Exam Class 10
The internal assessment of the CBSE board exam class 10 consists of periodic tests (10 marks each), notebook submission (5 marks), and subject activities (5 marks). 3 periodic tests will be conducted in the entire academic session and the average of the best two marks will be considered for the final weightage.
For the CBSE board exam class 10, the board has decided to allot marks for outdoor games & activities to every student. Health and Physical education have been mandatory for all students. In this, students will receive a booklet of 150 pages. Students will have to choose one exercise which they will have to do on regular basis. Based on the performance of students in exercise, the school teacher will award internal marks for the CBSE board exam 2023 class 10th. The marks for the CBSE board exam class 10th will be uploaded on the official website of CBSE.
CBSE Board Exam 2023 Class 10th Science exam pattern
Paper pattern for CBSE board exam class 10:
- There will be a total of 27 questions divided into two namely sections A and B.
- There will be practical-based questions of 12 marks and no MCQ.
CBSE Board Exam 2023 Class 10 Social science exam pattern
Paper pattern for Social Science CBSE board exam class 10:
- The paper will consist of 27 questions.
- The marking scheme for the CBSE exam class 10 is given below:
|Questions type||No. of questions||Marks/Question|
|Very short answer type questions||1-7||1|
|Short answer type questions||8-18||3|
|Long answer type questions||19-25||5|
|Map questions for History||26-27||1|
|Map questions for Geography||28||3|
CBSE Board Exam 2023 Class 10 Maths exam pattern
The exam pattern for the CBSE 10th exam 2023 consists of 4 sections. The class 10 Maths exam carries 80 marks for 30 questions.
|Question type||No. of questions||Marks|
|A (very short answer)||6||1|
|B (short answer type – 1)||6||2|
|C (short answer type – 2)||10||3|
|D (long answer type)||8||4|
CBSE Board Exam 2023 Class 10 English Exam Pattern
English paper pattern for CBSE board exam class 10:
|Section||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Section A: Reading||1-2||20|
|Section B: Writing & Grammar||3-7||30|
|Section C: Literature||8-11||30|
CBSE Board Exam 2023 Class 10 Hindi Exam Pattern
Hindi paper pattern for CBSE board exam class 10:
|A||Apathit Gadyansh 1-2||15|
|D||Writing & grammar||20|
CBSE Class 10th 2023 Mock Test
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the Model Papers 2022-2023 for CBSE board exam class 10 exams. For better exam preparation, students should practice class 10 CBSE board sample papers or the previous year’s question papers. Previous year’s class 10 CBSE board papers help to understand the type of questions asked in the CBSE board exam 2023 10th Exam. Students can download CBSE Sample Papers 2022-2023 from the official site (idiom site) – cbseacademic.nic.in and cbse.gov.in. For better understanding, they should go through CBSE sample papers.
CBSE Class 10th Exam 2023 Admit Card
It is expected that CBSE will release the CBSE Class 10 admit card 2023 in the first week of February 2023. The admit card for CBSE 10th exams 2023 will be released in online mode for private students and in offline mode for regular students. The admit card will contain the student’s name, parents’ name, DOB, photograph, CBSE 10th exam date 2023, exam time and important instructions. Students can collect their CBSE admit card class 10 2023 from their respective schools.
Steps to download CBSE 10th exam 2023 admit card
- Visit the official website: cbse.nic.in.
- Click on the CBSE class 10 admit cards link.
- Enter the application number or previous roll number.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download the CBSE 10th exam admit card 2023.
Details mentioned in CBSE Class 10 admit card 2023
Students should check and ensure the accuracy of their personal details for the CBSE 10th admit card 2023. The following details will be shared through the online CBSE 10th exam 2023 admit card:
- Student name
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Name of the examination
- Time table
- Name & address of examination center
- Centre number
- School number
- Subjects and their codes
- Admit card ID
- Student’s photo
- QR code
- Other important instructions
CBSE Class 10th 2023 Answer Key
The answer key of the CBSE board exam class 10th will be released by the CBSE for class 10th 2023 through their official website after 2-3 weeks of the last class 10 examination.
CBSE Class 10th 2023 Result
CBSE board exam class 10th results will be released in May 2023 by the CBSE. The result will be published on the official website cbseresult.nic.in.
Students can check their CBSE 10th board Results 2023 by entering their roll number, DOB, school number, and center number.
How to check the CBSE Class 10 result 2023?
Steps to check CBSE Board 10th result 2023 through the official website:
- Go to the official website of CBSE result 2023: cbseresults.nic.in.
- Click on the link ‘Senior Secondary CBSE 10th Class result 2023’.
- Enter roll number, school number, date of birth and center number in the respective fields.
- Verify all the details entered and click on the submit button.
- CBSE exam class 10 result 2023 will be shown on the screen.
- Take a printout of the same to use later.
Details mentioned in online CBSE board exam class 10th result 2023
The following details will be mentioned on the online CBSE 10th exam result 2023 provisional mark sheet:
- Student’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Roll number
- School name
- Center name
- Subject-wise marks
- Total marks
- Result (Pass/fail)
Qualifying Marks Trend for CBSE Board Exam Class 10th
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: When will CBSE board exam class 10th 2023 time table be released?
Answer: The complete timetable for CBSE 10th exam will soon be released for theory exams.
Q2: Is CBSE 10th exam syllabus is same as NCERT?
Answer: No, the CBSE Syllabus is different from NCERT. However, most of the topics are similar to the NCERT syllabus.
Q3: Which are the main subjects for the CBSE board exam class 10th 2023?
Answer: Maths, Science, Social Science and 2 language subjects are compulsory for CBSE board exam class 10th.
Q4: Which books are best for the preparation for CBSE 10th exams 2023?
Answer: NCERT books are the best to prepare for the CBSE board exam class 10th 2022-23.
Q5: When will CBSE 10th exam 2023 sample paper be released?
Answer: CBSE board exam class 10th 2023 sample papers will soon be released by CBSE.
Q6: Has the CBSE board exam class 10th syllabus 2023 been revised?
Answer: Yes, Cbse has revised the syllabus for the CBSE board exam class 10th for the year 2022-23.
Q7: How will regular students get the CBSE board exam class 10th to admit card 2023?
Answer: The school authority will distribute the CBSE board exam class 10th admit card 2023 among regular students.
Q8: What are the passing marks for CBSE 10th exam 2023?
Answer: For the CBSE board exam class 10th 33% of total marks are the minimum passing marks.
Q9: Can students apply for revaluation of the CBSE board exam class 10th result 2023?
Answer: Yes, students can apply for revaluation of the CBSE 10th exam result 2023, as per norms which will be released by CBSE on CBSE’s official website.
Q10: What will be the difficulty level of the CBSE board exam class 10th 2023?
Answer: The difficulty level of the CBSE 10th exam 2023 is moderate.
Q11: What if the student fails one subject in the CBSE Board exam class 10th 2023?
Answer: Students who fail one or two subjects in CBSE 10th exam 2023, will be eligible for the compartment exam.