NEET is the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test conducted by the NTA. Students interested in taking admissions to medical and dental colleges in India have to appear for this examination. It is one of the toughest national-level exams, so most aspirants think that clearing it in one go is impossible. Moreover, it is nerve-wracking for students to witness other aspirants trying for more than a year or two. But if students stick strictly to the following preparatory methods, they can crack the NEET exam in the first attempt.
NEET Preparation Tips and Tricks
Your direction towards success can start from the initial days till the final exam days. So here are a few things that you can keep in mind or inculcate during NEET preparations:
Make a strategy
Without proper planning and implementation of strategies will lead to nowhere. There are some things one must keep in mind before and while preparing for the entrance exam, which is a part of the strategy:
- Updated syllabus: Students who have applied must be up-to-date with the latest syllabus prescribed by the exam conducting authority. Getting acknowledged with the syllabus is the foremost thing to do.
- Study material: It is painstaking to find authentic, errorless and descriptive study material for the preparations. But here is the list of the best books for the preparations for the NEET 2023 exam.
- Prepare a timetable: Your time (race against time phrase meaning) management while preparing for the exam and giving it plays a crucial role in your selection. Hence, this is one of the most essential NEET preparation tips & tricks. Make sure while preparing the timetable you distribute adequate time to all three subjects. Also, don’t forget to spare time for resting as your mental and physical health will be playing a subtle role in achieving the target.
- Small target for final target: Don’t burden yourself with tons of load. When you set huge targets and in insufficient time, you might start feeling pressurized or anxious. But setting targets for each day can help complete the course on time with full efficiency.
Study and revise
The time students spend on studies and revision will decide their score in the NEET 2023 exam. Students prefer to join a coaching institute for NEET preparation. This gives them the experience of competition, which they have to face in the final exam. Also, an applicant gets proper guidance from experienced faculties. In addition, after taking classes in schools and coaching, they must do self-learning of the topics taught. There are some habits that one must incorporate are:
- Prepare notes: Self-made notes are always simpler to understand and memorize than the bookish term. Also, your memorizing ability improves when you physically write rather than reading it in mind.
- Prepare a separate notebook for formulas: Always keep a habit of preparing a different notebook where you write formulas, equations, or exceptions. Students don’t need to dig into each page to find them when stuck while solving problems. It is the best way to save time as one can directly refer to and easily find the formula required to solve a particular question.
- Cover every topic: Whether you are learning or revising, ensure that aspirants cover each and every topic prescribed in the syllabus of Biology, Physics and Chemistry. An examiner can pick any sub-topic to phrase questions. Hence, leaving topics and considering them less important can cost the selection of applicants.
- Cover all subjects: It is not necessary that every student to enjoy knowing exceptions in Chemistry or enjoy derivations. Some may like Zoology, while others may enjoy digging more into Botany. But it doesn’t mean one can leave a subject or topics they don’t like. Make sure you give equal importance to all three subjects.
Practicing impacts your speed and accuracy while taking the exam. The best coaching institute for NEET will not just (just in case definition) clear your doubts and provide you with excellent lectures but also gives you adequate practicing materials. Students must solve sample papers, mock test papers, and most importantly, previous years’ papers.
One final step to follow to crack the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test in the first attempt is to analyze performance and find ways to improve the score.
Points one should not compromise with
Apart from the above-mentioned NEET preparation tips and tricks, these things should not be ignored by an individual preparing for the NEET 2023 exam.
- Focus on the NCERT.
- Stay mentally and physically healthy and strong.
- Know the exam pattern.
- Revision is a must.
- Clear doubts from a learned person.
- Complete assignments, DPPs, and homework on time.
- Learn time-management.
- Take adequate rest.
- Be goal-oriented and positive.