JEE ADVANCED 2022 EXAM
ABOUT JEE ADVANCED 2022
JEE Advanced is one of the toughest entrance exams in the world. More than 9.2 lakh students fight for this examination every year, and the top 2.45 lakh rankers are qualified for JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced is the II phase of the JEE Exam conducted every year by the IITs on a rotational basis. JEE Advanced 2022 will be conducted by IITB (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay). In September 2018, the IIT Joint Admission Board (JAB) announced that the mode of Exam has changed to online from the year 2018 onwards. The examination date of JEE Advanced 2022 has been released, scheduled for August 28, 2022.
JEE ADVANCED 2022 ELIGIBILITY
Candidates appearing for JEE Advanced- 2022 must ensure to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria. There are five criteria that every appearing student must fulfil to sit for JEE Advanced 2022.
Top 2,50,000 candidates (including all categories) in JEE (Main)- 2022 are eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced).
The percentage of category-wise shortlisting of the candidates:
Open to all- 40.5%
PwD- 5% in all 5 categories
Refer to the below table to know the number of candidates included in 2,50,000 from various categories.
|ORDER||CATEGORY||Number of “Top” candidates|
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of 2 times in 2 consecutive years.
Criterion 3 Age Limit:
Candidates born on or after October 1, 1997, are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced- 2022 exam. However, candidates belonging to SC, ST, or PwD get 5 years of relaxation.
Criterion 4 Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination:
If a candidate passed Class XII or equivalent exam in 2020 or before, they are not eligible for JEE Advanced 2022. If the board declared the result of the academic year 2019-2020 on/before October 15, 2020, you can appear for the exam. In case the board has declared the result before October 15 2022, and yours is withheld, you will not be able to appear for the exam.
Criterion 5 Earlier admission at IITs:
The given below are situations in which a candidate will NOT get admission in JEE Advanced 2022.
- If any candidate has accepted an IIT seat through online reporting/at the reporting centre or been admitted in a program in the past, irrespective of whether they have continued the program or not.
- If the admission of a candidate was cancelled at IIT after joining.
The given below are situations where students can GET admission in IITs through JEE Advanced 2022.
- If you have taken admission to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2021 you can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2022.
- The candidates who paid seat acceptance fee in 2021 but (i) did not report to any reporting centre OR, (ii) withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR, (iii) had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, during the joint seat allocation in 2021.
However, a candidate must fulfil criteria 1 to 4 in any of the above cases of criterion 5.
JEE ADVANCED 2022 REGISTRATION
- Visit Official Website and Login
- Visit JEE Advanced official website. Click on: https://jeeadv.ac.in/.
- You will see the login portal of JEE Advanced.
- Enter the JEE Main 2022 Roll Number, Password, and Security Pin and submit it.
- Candidates have to select a new password for JEE Advanced.
- Fill Details
- Once you provide the new password, a new page will be displayed. Candidates will find all the details that they entered during JEE Main registration.
- Enter the number of attempts.
- Candidates can choose 3 examination cities as per their preferences.
- Select the language of the question paper (English or Hindi).
- Mention the category & scribe status.
- Carefully check the entered data and click on submit.
- Required Documents
Documents Format Size (in KB) Class X/Birth certificate 50-300 Class XII or equivalent exam certificates 50-300 Category, PwD, or DS (Defence Service) certificate (if applicable) 50-300 Scribe letter (if applicable) 50-300 PIO(Person of Indian Origin) card or OCI(Overseas Citizen of India) certificate (if required) 50-300 DS Certificate (if applicable) 50-300
- Upload Images
- Go through the upload images option.
- Select the required images.
- Carefully upload images one at a time.
- Online Mode:
- Candidates can pay the application fee through various online payment methods like net banking, debit/credit card, etc.
- Select the “Pay Registration Fee” option.
- The Multi-Option Payment System (MOPS) page will appear on the screen.
- Enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- Offline Mode:
- Select the “Pay Registration Fee” link.
- Select the SBI Branch for cash payment. Take the printout of the e-challan generated by the system.
- Submit the printed e-challan to the SBI branch near you, along with the fee.
JEE ADVANCED 2022 EXAM DATES
|Registration for JEE Advanced||August 07, 2022 (10:00 a.m. onwards)|
|Last Date for Registration||August 11, 2022 (till 5:00 p.m.)|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||August 12, 2022 (till 5:00 p.m.)|
|Released of Admit Card||August 23-28, 2022|
|JEE Advanced 2022 Exam||August 28, 2022|
|Copy of Candidates’ Response Sheet||September 01, 2022|
|Display of Provisional JEE Advanced Answer Key||September 03, 2022|
|Last Date to Raise Objection Against Provisional Answer Key||September 03, 2022 (5:00 p.m.)|
|JEE Advanced 2022 Answer Key (Final)||September 11, 2022|
|JEE Advanced 2022 Results||September 11, 2022 (10:00 a.m.)|
The examination consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, each of three hours duration and will be held as per the following schedule:
|Paper-1||Sunday||August 28, 2022||09:00 to 12:00 IST||Session 1|
|Paper-2||Sunday||August 28, 2022||14:30 to 17:30 IST||Session 2|
It is mandatory to attempt both papers. The mode of examination will be the CBT (Computer-based Test).
The schedule will remain the same even if the day of examination is declared a public holiday.
JEE ADVANCED 2022 EXAM PATTERN
|Exam Mode||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|Medium of paper||English/Hindi|
|Number of paper||Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Exam duration||3 Hours (Each paper)
For PwD candidates- 4 Hours
|Question types||- Multiple Choice Questions
- Numerical Answer Type Question
|Number of Sections in Both Papers||Both papers will have 3 sections:
- Change of questions paper will not be accepted once the registration process is over.
- Incorrect answers to some of the questions will result in a deduction of marks.
- Focus: Your focus will decide your selection. It is better to understand the concept rather than just focusing on formulae. Through this process, one can know the entire method used to get to the formula. Hence, you will be able to memorize formulae easily.
- Organize your time: Proper time management during preparation is important. Keep track of the time duration you take to solve questions. Also, allocating time subject-wise will help you attempt the JEE Advanced paper within the given time constraint. This will also help in exam simulation. The time allocation process plays as a game-changer during the exam. When you filter out the easy and difficult questions, you will be able to dedicate the decided time to solve a specific category of questions. It will save a lot of your time.
- Keep taking breaks: Don’t burden or stress yourself out with a tight schedule. It is essential you take periodic breaks and avoid burnout. Talking to friends or spending some time to refresh yourself will help you relax and learn effectively.
- Fulfill targets on a daily basis: Assign yourself some targets every day and try to complete those tasks by the end of the day. Ensure to include learning and revision in your daily study plan. This will boost your confidence and avoid time wastage.
- Practice solving sample papers: After completing a chapter or any topic, try solving the previous 8- 10 years' papers at least of the topic. Through solving papers, you will be able to understand the transition in the paper pattern. You can try Mock test papers, sample papers to evaluate your preparation. Also, Motion offers the CPS feature for customized learning where you can solve sub-topic/topic-based questions. It will help you in formulating exam strategies and eliminating weaknesses.
- Subject-wise planning: Select and cover topics of your preferences every day of different subjects. Don’t ignore any topic as your weak topic can be other students’ strength. Students must refer to the latest JEE Advanced syllabus for their systematic study plan.
- Clarity in concepts: It is essential for students to have a clear foundation and thinking process. This will help students to implement the correct concept or method instantly after reading a question.
- From basics to classics: It is advisable to start learning from the basics and then gradually move towards difficult topics. Directly switching to difficult problems can lead to bad performance as your concepts are not yet clear.
- Numericals are crucial: To clear JEE Advance, students need to practice numerical problems a lot. Make sure you at least solve 40-50 numeric-based questions each day. With subjects like Maths, Physics, and Chemistry, there is no dearth of numerical problems. Motion brings you a huge question bank, with quality questions to test yourself and solutions to keep learning simultaneously.
- Save your best for the last: many students tend to cover easy topics in the beginning and leave difficult ones for the last. But later on, they panic as they leave crucial sections. Therefore, it is best to first cover important topics and then switch to easier ones. Prepare proper notes and highlight topics you find difficult for the last time revision.
- Discuss with your peers: Students can overcome their weaknesses through discussion with their mentors or fellow aspirants. Solve your doubts and interact with mentors or friends without hesitating for effective studies.
PREVIOUS YEARS’ PAPERS
It is beneficial to practice previous years’ papers as it helps you simulate the real JEE Advanced exam. You can find them all here, by Motion, your assistance:
JEE ADVANCED 2022 ANSWER KEY
Candidates can compare their responses with the provisional answer of JEE Advanced. It will help predict the average score in the exam. Candidates also get the option to challenge the answer key by completing the payment of 1000/- INR.
The process of challenging the JEE Advanced 2022 Answer Key is explained in detail below:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced.
- Login using your credentials (application number and password) after selecting the JEE Advanced portal for candidates.
- Select the link to initiate the process of raising an objection.
- Mark the question you want to raise an objection for.
- Upload your claimed answer and documents in support of the claim.
- Pay the fee to claim.
- Click on the submit button to complete the process.
Candidates have to pay a non-refundable fee to challenge the answer key for each question. An individual can complete the transaction through Credit or Debit Cards, Paytm, or State Bank Buddy. The decision of JAB and CBSE will be final in this regard and no further queries will be entertained in this matter.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu
- Indian Institute of Technology, Dharwad
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
IIT COLLEGES RANKING
We have been collecting cutoff information from official sources for a long time and organized information in a way to make it easy for students to see where they stand the chance of getting admission. That also helped us to figure out what is student choice when it comes to choosing a place to study.
Cutoff shows students’ choice for the given institute and that also tells what kind of crowd is found around the class and campus. Most importantly it gives a statistically-based way to assess institutes. Being a computer science guy, I would prefer to make decisions based on data.
For ranking we considered cutoffs for 4 common departments, this also helps us to reduce bias and error in ranking. Included departments are Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering. We combined EE and EC as many IITs offer these courses in the same departments.
|1||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||Maharashtra|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||Delhi|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||Tamil Nadu|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||Uttar Pradesh|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||West Bengal|
|6||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||Uttarakhand|
|7||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||Assam|
|8||Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad||Telangana|
|9||Indian Institute of Technology – BHU Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar||Gujrat|
|11||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||Madhya Pradesh|
|12||Indian Institute of Technology Ropar||Punjab|
|13||Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||Orrisa|
|14||Indian Institute of Technology Mandi||Himachal Pradesh|
|15||Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur||Rajasthan|
|16||Indian Institute of Technology Patna||Bihar|
|17||Indian School of Mines Dhanbad||West Bengal|
|18||Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati||Andhra Pradesh|
|19||Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad||Kerala|
|20||Indian Institute of Technology Goa||Goa|
|21||Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad||Karnataka|
|22||Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai||Chhattisgarh|
|23||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
We tried our best to collect the information from official sources. If you find any issue please let us know, we will look into it immediately and make the corrections if necessary.
Wish you all great luck ahead!