The NTA has released the JEE main application form online, in order to download and fill out the form the candidates must visit (idioms dictionary) the official website. For the year 2023, the JEE main application form would be released in two stages as the entrance exam will be conducted in two sessions, i.e., the first session in January and the second session in April.
For the first session of JEE main 2023, the registration process commenced on 15th December 2022. The candidates must adhere to the deadline for filling out the online application form as mentioned in the official notification. Once the last date is passed no student would be allowed to submit the form.
JEE Main 2023 Application Form: Important Dates
The important date for JEE main 2023 registration will be announced by the governing bodies. The same is responsible for informing the students about when the exam will be conducted. In order to check all the important dates related to the examination the students can check the table mentioned below:
JEE Main 2023 January Session Dates
|Availability of online application form/registration||15 December 2022|
|Last date for the payment of fees||12 January 2023 (up to 11:50 P.M.)|
|Last date to submit the online application form||12 January 2023
(up to 09.00 P.M.)
|Commencement of corrections in the application form||To be announced|
|JEE Main exam dates||24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 January 2023|
JEE Main 2023 April Session Dates
|Availability of online application form/registration||07 February 2023|
|Last date for the payment of fees||07 March 2023
(up to 11.50 P.M.)
|Last date to submit the online application form||07 March 2023
(up to 09.00 P.M.)
|Commencement of corrections in the application form||To be announced|
|JEE Main exam dates||06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 April 2023|
Before JEE main 2023 application forms are released the candidates can check how to fill out the JEE main 2023 application form so that they avoid making mistakes. The details that the students have to enter in the JEE main 2023 application forms are their name, contact number, and category, and they are also required to submit scanned copies of the documents in order to complete the entire application process successfully.
Also, check the new update about JEE Advanced Exams: JEE Advanced Exams 2023
The candidate should go through the JEE main eligibility criteria prescribed by the NTA before filling out the form. It is a mandatory aspect to satisfy the criteria. Only the aspirants who are able to adhere to all the requirements should fill out the form.
For every candidate, one JEE main application form is provided, as per the guidelines stated by the exam conducting authorities. In case the student submits more than one application form the registration will be canceled. To learn more about the process and requirements follow the article till the last:
Important Notice for 2023 Registration
- Only session 1 will be visible in the first session and the candidate can opt for that. In case of the next session, session 2 will be visible and the candidates can choose the same. For correction, the application window will be reopened later. The last examination for the JEE main 2023 would be the session 2 examinations. The candidate can apply and pay the fees for session 1 in the given duration. In case the candidate wishes to apply for session two they would have to apply again when the window will be reopened by the exam conducting authority after the successful completion of session 1. The examination fee for session 2 can be paid for this duration.
- The only way to submit the fees is through net banking, Credit Card or Debit Card, UPI, or Paytm services. Processing charges and GST, as applicable, are chargeable to the candidate (in addition to the examination fee) by the concerned bank/payment gateway integrator. Once the fees are paid they won’t be refunded however it can be taken forward to another session of JEE main It is clearly stated that multiple forms submitted by a candidate for the same session would not be accepted at any given cost.
- In case candidates are applying for more than one session of examination (June/July) then they are given the opportunity to change their choice of cities in the correction window. The correction window would be opened in due course and public notice for each session would be given by the exam conducting authorities.
- Once the payment is done successfully by the candidates the confirmation page of the online application form will be generated. The candidate should approach the concerned Bank/payment gateway in case the confirmation page is not generated after the payment of the fees so that they can ensure successful payment or at least obtain a refund.
Documents Required for Filling Out JEE Main Application Form
Below given are the important documents that are required to be submitted along with the application form
- Class 10 documents.
- Class 12 documents.
- Aadhaar card details.
- Phone number and a valid email ID.
- Debit card, credit card or e-challan details.
- Bank account number, Ration Card number, Passport number, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Scanned copies of the signature and a passport-sized photograph.
Steps to be Followed While Filling Out the JEE Main Form
The only way to fill out and submit the JEE main application form is online mode. No other source or no other mode of submitting the application form would be entertained.
In order to successfully fill out and submit the application form the following steps should be followed:
Step 1: JEE Main Registration
As soon as the registration window gets activated on the official website (idioms website) of the JEE main the link to JEE main registration page is available. The candidate is required to fill in the details carefully on the registration page: Nationality, Identification Type, State, Name of the Student, Date of Birth, and Gender of the Applicant. After filling in all the above-mentioned details, enter the password and click on the submit button.
The candidate should note down the system-generated application number during the registration of the online application form. The candidate should create a strong password and choose a security question and answer it in a way that can be remembered by them.
Once the personal details are submitted successfully and the application number is generated which is used to complete the remaining steps of the application form hence the students should take (take with a grain of salt idiom synonym) down the application number carefully as it is required for future reference/correspondence for both sessions of JEE main 2023. Also, with the application number, the candidates can directly log in with their respective system-generated application number and created password.
Step 2: Filling Out the JEE Main Application Form
The students are directed to JEE main application page after successful registration where they are asked to enter the details.
Exam related details
- In this particular section information such as the medium of question paper, mode of examination, and the course for which they are planning is to be given.
- All those students who are willing to opt for the offline mode of examination can choose four centers according to their preferences and in case of students appearing for the online mode examination, the applicant could only opt for one center.
Personal Details of Applicant:
- Personal information like parents’ name, name of the candidate, nationality, state of eligibility, date of birth, category, gender, etc. are to be filled in by the applicants in this section.
- Aadhaar number, place of residence, and mailing address should be filled in by the candidates mandatorily.
- Details related to the qualifying examination, like the school name, school address, Class 10 and Class 12 passing year, etc., are to be provided in this section.
- Students who are appearing for the class 12 board exam have to enter the details of the qualifying examination.
Address Details of the Applicants:
- Applicants need to provide their complete address, mobile number, pin code, state, country, email address, etc. in this section.
- All the details of the guardians and parents, like occupation, qualification, annual income details, etc., are required to be in this section.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Documents
After the details are filled in, the applicants are required to upload the scanned images of the signature and recently click passport size photograph with the following specification:
|Dimensions||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Size||4 KB to 30 KB||10 KB to 200 KB|
The students should make sure that the signature is clearly visible and it should be matching with the signature on the class 10th and class 12th certificates. In the case of the photograph, the student should have a black-and-white or colored picture along with clear contrast. Also, it should consist of the applicant’s name and the date of clicking. In no case, any polaroid photographs, or photographs with caps or goggles would be acceptable. Scanned copies of the PWD and category certificate should also so be uploaded. They should be in PDF format between 50kb to 300kb (clearly legible).
Once the documents are uploaded successfully the applicants can review their application form by clicking on the review button. The entire application form should be checked properly and then the candidate can proceed with the payment options.
Step 4: Payment of JEE Main Application Fee
Payment of the fees is the final step. In order to make the payment the applicant should submit the details of their credit or debit card followed by clicking on the submit button.
JEE main application or registration fees can also be paid through e-challan UPI, or net banking the processing charges and GST as applicable are to be paid by the candidate in addition to the exam fees (as demanded by the concerned bank/payment gateway integrator)
JEE Main 2023 Application Form: Fee Structure
The expected fee structure for both offline and online modes of examination is given below:
|Fee payable for JEE (Main) –2023
(Through Credit Card/Debit Card (except Master/Visa Card) / Net-Banking/UPI)
|Type of Candidate||In India (Fee in Rs.)||Outside India (Fee in Rs.)|
|Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech or
Paper 2A: B. Arch or
Paper 2B: B.Planning
|Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech & Paper 2A: B. Arch or
Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech & Paper 2B: B. Planning
Paper 1: B.E./B.Tech, Paper 2A: B. Arch & Paper 2B :
Paper 2A: B. Arch & Paper 2B: B.Planning
|Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.|
Step 5: Take a Print Out of the Confirmation Page
Once the payment of application fees is done successfully the candidates can download or take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference. In case the applicant has made an error while filling out the JEE main form the applicant would be allowed to correct their mistakes online. The applicants should make a note that they are not allowed to change the mode of examination from online to offline. Rest they would be given a chance to change the other details. If the confirmation page is not generated after the payment of the fees the candidate is advised to approach the concerned bank/payment gateway so that they can ensure successful payment or can get a refund for duplicate/multiple payments.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
To help the students in correcting the mistakes they did while submitting the application form for JEE main the exam conducting body initiates the correction process on their official website. They can edit their personal data or any incorrect/incomplete information in the application form via the official link jeemain.nic.in. The students can even upload new images if the previously uploaded images have any sort of issue.
Also Check: JEE Main Admit Card
Important Instructions for the Correction Process
The changes in the application form can be made only once. Hence, the candidates are advised to follow all the guidelines carefully before updating the JEE main application forms. As already stated the applicant is not allowed to change the mode of examination from online to offline mode of examination. The candidate should ensure that the information updated in the application form is as per the guideline prescribed in order to avoid any mishappening rejection of their updated application form.
The candidate is required to keep some documents ready before filling out the JEE main online application form. A list of a few of them are as given below
- PC with a good internet connection.
- Details of qualification.
- Scanned copy of passport photograph. It has to be clear in JPG/JPEG format, and the image size has to be between 10 kB –200 kB.
- Digital copy of the candidate’s signature in JPG/JPEG format with an image size between 4 kB – 30 kB.
- Working e-mail ID.
- Valid mobile number.
- A printer to print the confirmation page.
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.), and the file size should be 50 kB to 300 kB.
- PwD certificate (file size: 50 kB to 300 kB) in JPG/JPEG format.
In order to receive time-to-time notifications from the NTA this time (race against time phrase meaning) the candidates can also download and install the SANDES application as a secondary channel.
- The app can be downloaded and installed on a system-generated mobile device by following the below-given steps:
- On the mobile device, visit the Google Play Store
- In the search bar search for the SANDES app
- The app is displayed in the Play Store
- In order to download the app on mobile click on the install button
Now, mobile users can enjoy the services of the SANDES Mobile App.
About JEE Main
The national testing agency (NTA) is conducting JEE main, the first stage of IIT JEE since 2 019. On the basis of their performance in this exam, the students are granted admission to undergraduate courses which are offered by the NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs solely on the basis of scores obtained in the examination. Considering the vastness of the syllabus and the competition level JEE main is considered one of the toughest competitive exams at the undergraduate level and in India. Also, only those students who are able to clear the JEE mains exam cut-off get the chance to appear for the JEE advanced 2023. JEE Advanced is the second stage of the IIT JEE.
Frequently Asked Questions on JEE Main Application Form
Can I apply for JEE Mains 2023 now?
Since the registration for 2023 JEE Main started on December 15, 2022, the students can start applying now.
When should we register for JEE Mains 2023?
From 15 December 2022 to 12 January 2023 (up to 09.00 P.M.) candidates can register for the first session of JEE Main 2023 and for the second session from 07 February 2023 to 07 March 2023 (up to 09.00 P.M.).
Will JEE 2023 have 75% criteria?
Yes, the 75% criteria are mandatory for JEE Main 2023.
What is the application process for JEE Main?
The exam conducting authorities release the application date and form on the official website. The application form can only be filled in online mode, the students are advised to check out the eligibility criteria given by the authority so that they avoid the chances of rejection of the application form. The process of filling out the application form has several steps given below:
Payment of Fees
Printing of Confirmation Details
Should we send a hard copy of JEE Main application form or any other documents to the authorities?
The applicants do not require to send any hard copy of their application form or any other documents to the exam conducting authority as already stated the entire process of filling out the JEE Main application form is conducted online.
Is an Aadhaar card mandatory for filling out the application form?
For JEE main application form the Aadhar card is not mandatory. The student should be able to satisfy other important requirements.
Is there any relaxation of fees for the SC/ST/PwD category candidates?
The SC/ST/PwD category candidates will have to pay a lesser amount compared to other categories. So Yes, SC/ST/PwD category candidates will receive some relaxation.