PRMO 2023-24 Registration – Anticipated to commence in July 2023, the registration process for PRMO 2023-24 will be initiated by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. Keep an eye out for the comprehensive IOQM registration 2023-24 details, which are expected to be unveiled in the first week of July 2023. Access the PRMO application form conveniently on the official website: https://www.mtai.org.in/. To register, students must duly fill out the PRMO registration form 2023-24 and submit it through their respective schools/centre.
Attention Students from Grades 8 to 12: PRMO Registration 2023 Now Open! The Mathematical Teachers’ Association (MTA) is all set to conduct the Mathematics Olympiad 2023, also known as IOQM exams. This prestigious examination serves as the preliminary round for the All India Mathematical Olympiad. For comprehensive information on PRMO registration, including details about fees and the registration procedure, we encourage you to read the full article.
PRMO Registration 2023-24 Dates (Pre RMO)
Find all the important dates for PRMO 2023 registration listed below. To ensure you don’t miss any crucial events, it’s essential for students to keep a close eye on these dates.
PRMO 2023-24 Registration Dates
|IOQM/PRMO application form release date||July 2023|
|IOQM/PRMO application last date||August 2023|
|IOQM/PRMO exam date 2023||September 3, 2023 (10 am to 1 pm)|
|RMO exam date (second stage exam)||October 29, 2023 (1 to 4 pm)|
|INMO exam date (third stage exam)||January 21, 2024 (12 pm to 4:30 pm)|
Important Note: Students from open/homeschooling schools, those whose schools are not registered as centres, or overseas students studying in Indian schools are required to complete their registration for IOQM 2023 through the online mode.
PRMO 2023 Eligibility (Pre RMO)
Before proceeding with the PRMO 2023 registration form, one of the most crucial aspects for students to consider is their eligibility. Please review the following points for information regarding PRMO eligibility 2023:
- Candidates must be born on or after August 1, 2004, and currently studying in Class 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12 to be eligible for PRMO 2023.
- Only Indian citizens and students with OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) cards are allowed to complete the PRMO registration form 2023.
- The student should have been residing and studying in India since 30 October 2021 or earlier, OR should have been studying in an Indian school system since 30 October 2021 or earlier.
- The student must not have completed (or scheduled to complete) the class 12 board examination earlier than 30 October 2023.
- The student must not have commenced (or planning to commence) studies in a university or equivalent institution by 1 June 2024.
Important Note: According to the directives of the Madras High Court, students with OCI status will not be eligible for selection to represent the Indian team in the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). Nevertheless, these students are provisionally eligible for selection in all preceding stages, including the IMOTC (International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp), as long as they fulfill all other criteria. Additionally, they can provisionally participate in the selection tests conducted during the IMOTC.
Read About – List of Olympiad Exams Conducted in India 2023
How to Apply for PRMO 2023?
Only students who fulfill the eligibility requirements are eligible to proceed with their PRMO registration for 2023. The steps to complete the PRMO 2023 registration form are outlined below:
- Students enrolled in recognized schools or colleges should complete the PRMO application form and submit it to their respective schools.
- The registration fees must be paid by the students.
- Students from schools not registered as PRMO centers can get in touch with registered centers to apply.
- These registration centers are expected to accept fees from such students and register them through the portal during the registration process.
- School students from KV (Kendriya Vidyalaya) and JNV (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya) should register through their respective schools. Students from other schools can register through any registered school, excluding KV and JNV.
PRMO Registration 2023 Fees (Pre RMO)
To complete the PRMO application for 2023, students need to fill out the form and submit it to their registered school along with the following documents: one passport-size photo, a copy of their school ID card, and a copy of their birth certificate. Additionally, students are required to pay an IOQM registration fee of Rs. 200 to the school.
Details to be filled in the PRMO 2023 Registration Form (Pre RMO)
Accurate completion of the PRMO registration form 2023 is essential. Below, we have listed some of the fields that students must fill out on the PRMO 2023 online registration form:
- Full Name (as per School Record)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- School Type (KV, JNV, Others)
- School Name
- Address for Open School (NIOS)
After filling out the PRMO registration form 2023, students are advised to verify their entries for accuracy before signing the form. Upon receiving the completed PRMO registration form 2023, the registration center will provide students with an acknowledgment slip as confirmation of their submission.
For any additional queries, feel free to reach out to us through the following channels:
Help Desk Phone Numbers:
- 080-4908 7030
- Monday to Friday: 09:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 09:30 AM to 1:00 PM
PRMO 2023 – Exam Pattern (Pre RMO)
Understanding the exam pattern is as crucial as knowing the syllabus for any examination. Below are the details regarding the duration, number of questions, and other relevant information for PRMO 2023:
- PRMO 2023 will be a 3-hour exam based on the high school syllabus.
- Paper Composition: The paper will consist of:
- 10 questions, each carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions, each carrying 3 marks.
- 10 questions, each carrying 5 marks.
- Each question will have an integer answer within the range of 00 to 99. There will be no negative marking, and the test will be OMR-based.
- Candidates are allowed to take (take with a grain of salt idiom synonym) the ‘student copy’ of the exam home after the examination for future reference.
PRMO Syllabus 2023 (Pre RMO)
Here is a list of essential topics that students should study to be well-prepared for PRMO 2023:
- Quadratic equations and expressions
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Finite series
- Complex numbers
- Linear equations
- Permutations and combinations
- Factorization of polynomials
- Elementary combinatorics
- Probability theory and number theory
- Elementary graph theory
PRMO Admit Card 2023 (Pre RMO)
Students who have successfully registered for PRMO 2023 will receive their admit cards. These admit cards will be accessible on the official website (idioms website) once they are released. On the day of the exam, it is essential for every student to carry their PRMO 2023 hall ticket. The admit card will contain detailed information about the exam date, time, and venue. The examinations will be conducted at all Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) schools.
PRMO 2023 Preparation Tips (Pre RMO)
To ensure effective preparation for the Mathematics Olympiad exam, students should follow these recommendations:
- Thoroughly read and understand the entire PRMO syllabus, covering all the topics.
- Practice solving numerous previous years’ PRMO question papers and sample papers. This will familiarize you with the exam pattern, difficulty level, and marking scheme.
- Seek assistance from friends or professors if you encounter any challenging questions. Collaboration and guidance are crucial for excelling in the PRMO 2023 examination.
- Maintain a handy reference of important formulas and take notes of key details to aid your preparation.
PRMO Result 2023 (Pre RMO)
Expected to be declared in October 2023, the PRMO results will determine a student’s eligibility for the next phase, RMO (Regional Mathematics Olympiad). To qualify for RMO 2023, a student must achieve a minimum of 10% of the total marks in the IOQM 2023 paper, although this is not the only qualifying criterion. Those who succeed in the second stage, RMO, will progress to the third stage, INMO (Indian National Mathematics Olympiad). The selection criteria for INMO from RMO will soon be published by HBCSE (Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education).
Additionally, here are some other programs and quizzes to look out for:
- Wild Wisdom Quiz 2023
- Young Researchers for Social Impact Program 2023
- CBSE Ganga Quest 2023
Different Stages of Mathematics Olympiad
The Mathematical Olympiad Program comprises various stages to identify and nurture talented Indian students. Below is a brief overview of each stage:
Stage 1 – Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad (PRMO):
PRMO is the initial stage of the program, where students can find complete details about eligibility, application, examination mode, cutoffs, and results.
Stage 2 – Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO):
RMO, the second stage, is conducted in select centers within the region. The exam lasts for 3 hours and consists of six questions. The examination medium is usually English/Hindi, with the possibility of conducting it in other regional languages.
Stage 3 – Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO):
Around 900 top performers from RMO across different regions qualify for the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad.
Stage 4 – International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC):
HBCSE invites approximately 35 top performers from INMO to participate in the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC). Candidates undergo various assessments during the camp, and only the best 6 performers are selected for the final stage.
Stage 5 – Pre-Departure Camp:
The selected team undergoes intensive training at HBCSE for about 8-10 days before their departure for the IMO.
Stage 6 – International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO):
The top 6 students from the IMOTC represent India in the prestigious International Mathematical Olympiad.
Frequently Asked Questions: Pre RMO 2023-24
Q1. When does the PRMO exam portal open for school registration?
Answer: The PRMO exam portal for school registration typically opens on 10th July 2023.
Q2. How soon are the results of the PRMO examination announced?
Answer: The results of the PRMO examination are generally announced within one month after the exam is conducted.
Q3: Who is responsible for conducting PRMO?
Answer: PRMO is conducted by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association (India) (MTA).
Q4: What is the official web address for PRMO?
Answer: The official website for PRMO is http://www.mtai.org.in/.
Q5. Are NIOS students eligible to apply for PRMO 2023?
Answer: Yes, NIOS students can apply for PRMO 2023.
Q6. What are the exam centres for PRMO 2023?
Answer: All KVs and JNV schools will serve as exam centres.
Q7. What is the registration fee for PRMO 2023?
Answer: The registration fee for PRMO is Rs. 200/-